How to Apply
MSM’s Residency Programs operate under the standard academic calendar year. The program year starts in July and culminates in June of following year.
Applicants are invited to observe grand rounds, journal club sessions and any other open seminars/workshops.
All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of supervised U.S. clinical training in an ACGME-accredited primary care specialty.
- Passage of all three parts of the United States Medical Licensing Exam (U.S.M.L.E.)
- Eligibility for an unrestricted Georgia medical license (Georgia Composite Board of Medical Examiners, 404-656-3913)
Because of funding restrictions, we can only accept applications from Resident Aliens and US Citizens.
Interested applicants must submit an application online through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The following information will be required:
- Medical School Dean's Letter
- Medical School Transcript & Medical School Diploma
- Written Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation (at least two of these must be from the previous/current residency program director, current employer, if applicable, and current within the last 18 months)
- Certificate of Completion of Residency Program or Internship Year
- United States Medical License Examination (USMLE) Transcript (Minimum Passing Score) for Part I, II, and III
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) Certification (if applicable)
Deadline to submit an application through ERAS is April 30th of the current year.
Upon receipt of the above information, the Program Director or designee(s) will select applicants for interview.
In addition to the ERAS application, all applicants must apply separately to the Morehouse School of Medicine Online Executive Master of Public Health (MPH) Program. Please note that the application fee is waived for those who are applying to this residency program.
All correspondence regarding the residency program application should be addressed to the residency program manager, Ingrid Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org.