Residents are required to participate in weekly didactic sessions that provide additional instruction in public health and preventive medicine. The didactic sessions also provide residents the opportunity to engage with program faculty, guest lecturers, students, and peers.
Below is a partial list of the program's didactic sessions and conferences.
- Epidemiology Seminar Series
- Preventive Medicine Board Review Series
- Clinical Preventive Medicine Lecture Series
- Lifestyle Medicine/ Integrative Medicine Lecture Series
- Career/Professional Development
- Community-based Participatory Assessment and Intervention Methods
- Journal Club
The program also provides annual support to one of the following specialty conferences.
- American College of Preventive Medicine Annual Meeting
- American College of Preventive Medicine Annual Board Review Course
- American Public Health Association Annual Meeting
- Georgia Public Health Association Annual Meeting
- National Medical Association Annual Convention and Scientific Assembly