MSM Code of Conduct for Financial Aid
In compliance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, the Student Fiscal Affairs Office (SFAO) at Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM) and agents of the Institution will maintain a professional relationship with lenders, guarantors, loan servicers, or the like when performing services relating to the administration of the Federal Direct and/or Private Loans.
The SFAO staff and agents of Morehouse School of Medicine are prohibited in engaging in any of the following activities:
- revenue-sharing arrangements with any lender
- the solicitation or acceptance of any gift from a lender, guaranty agency or loan servicer
- contractual agreements relating to education loans
- assigning or recommending to a borrower a particular lender or guaranty agency
- requesting or accepting the offer of funds for private loans from any lender
- accepting staffing assistance from any lender
- endorsement of lenders
- acceptance of advisory board compensation
The Student Fiscal Affairs Office will not restrict a borrower in any way from selecting his/her lender of choice nor shall they experience any unnecessary delays in loan certification.